The Dreamscape Universe of An Aspiring Scribe

"One describes a tale best by telling the tale. You see? The way one describes a story, to oneself or to the world, is by telling the story. It is a balancing act and it is a dream. The more accurate the map, the more it resembles the territory. The most accurate map possible would be the territory, and thus would be perfectly accurate and perfectly useless. The tale is the map that is the territory." --Neil Gaiman, 'American Gods'

Name:
Location: Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada

I'm a 21-year-old college student with dreams of being a professional writer. As you can tell from this blog, I certainly have the ego for it!

Saturday, October 27, 2007

A Long-Expected Update

Wow. So it's actually been considerably more than a while since I've updated this blog. That's...well, that's that. I have been living a life, so the various opportunities I've had to actually post something have gone ungrabbed. Speaking of which, here's the breakdown of the latest to happen within this crazy existence of mine:

School is going fine. The semester is half over, which seems amazing, since it just started, didn't it? Like I believe I've said, I'm only in one course this time around what with various courses scheduling classes on the same days/times as each other. Creative Writing class is fun, though, and I have a chance to concentrate on it which is nice. I just finished the first draft of my second story assignment, and I'm relatively pleased with it. Still needs some work, though. I'm more pleased with the story I wrote for the in-class assignment this past week; I hope I get a good mark.

Writing for myself has taken an interesting turn. There are several projects which I plan to have see the light of day at some point; a sci-fi universe with the basic plot outline for its first novel; an original screenplay called "The Spectre" based on the DC Comics character. And just recently added is the idea for an historical novel narrating the story of the Twelve Disciples after Jesus' ascension to Heaven. It's basically the book of Acts, but it will hopefully flesh out some of the struggles and issues facing the early church in its ministry of the Gospel. I also want to look at Paul, and some of the stuff he himself dealt with; coming off of persecuting the church to being one of its primary founders, realizing that his own people were not going to take the word to heart and turning instead to the Gentiles, and also how the original disciples would have reacted to him. I'm really excited about it, I've started doing the research, and that's been pretty much at the forefront of my mind lately.

And I have decided that I am going to finally settle down and learn guitar. I don't know how I'll pay for it, I don't know when it will happen. But it will. I am going to be able to play just like all my friends do. :)

Well, that's about it for now. At least for the next two months!

Be seeing you,
Steven

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home