The Dreamscape Universe of An Aspiring Scribe

"One describes a tale best by telling the tale. You see? The way one describes a story, to oneself or to the world, is by telling the story. It is a balancing act and it is a dream. The more accurate the map, the more it resembles the territory. The most accurate map possible would be the territory, and thus would be perfectly accurate and perfectly useless. The tale is the map that is the territory." --Neil Gaiman, 'American Gods'

Name:
Location: Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada

I'm a 21-year-old college student with dreams of being a professional writer. As you can tell from this blog, I certainly have the ego for it!

Sunday, June 03, 2007

Writing Update

So I got a whack of stuff done yesterday, which I didn't expect would happen. Not only did I create a new version of the Prologue for my sci-fi novel, but I also revised and cleared up some plot holes in my mystyer short story--the first time I've ventured into that genre. I'm really starting to like the characters (the main detective and his partner) which is important, and I plan to continue writing about their adventures together.

Briefly, some other news. I helped Mom paint and move furniture into her new office (same building, different room); in leiu of $10 an hour I opted to have her buy me a new camera bag as payment. We got it yesterday and it's pretty sweet. Now if I only knew just how much replacing the foam seal would cost, I could plan for it.

Be seeing you,
Steven

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home