The Dreamscape Universe of An Aspiring Scribe

"One describes a tale best by telling the tale. You see? The way one describes a story, to oneself or to the world, is by telling the story. It is a balancing act and it is a dream. The more accurate the map, the more it resembles the territory. The most accurate map possible would be the territory, and thus would be perfectly accurate and perfectly useless. The tale is the map that is the territory." --Neil Gaiman, 'American Gods'

Name:
Location: Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada

I'm a 21-year-old college student with dreams of being a professional writer. As you can tell from this blog, I certainly have the ego for it!

Tuesday, January 01, 2008

Happy New Year!

A Happy New Year to all and sundry! This is the first day of 2008; here's hoping it's a fun romp for everyone. Knowing the intricate complexities of behaviour that make up the habits of the human race, it sure won't be boring.

Christmas was pretty good this year. This was a "27th year" as we say in my family (meaning that the family didn't get together for Christmas Day itself, but rather on the 27th; this happens every other year), so Christmas Day was sort of low key around our house. Obviously the thing everybody asks is, what did you get? Well, apart from the stocking stuffers, Mom gave me a leather book bag with some goodies inside: a guitar tuner, a new wallet, and... to satisfy that guilty pleasure I was talking about, Vol. 3 of the James Bond Ultimate Edition DVD sets. Plus, I got a Doctor Who DVD from Uncle Barry (we do the Secret Santa thing because we're such a large family) and a Chapters gift card from my grandparents.

And to top it off, HMV was having a sale on their DVD box sets so I decided to splurge and treat myself to another James Bond Ultimate Edition. I now have half of the movies on my shelf and still haven't seen them all. My head is still spinning!

Be seeing you,
Steven

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home